Swan’s Fine Home offers a wide variety of furniture, bedding and home accessories. Locally-owned for more than 60 years, our experienced team values each customer, providing personal service to those in search of quality, stylish home furnishings. Our goal is to build long term relationships, providing our customers unmatched service and resources, along with a welcoming, comfortable and calming shopping experience.
The following policies are provided to our customers and staff to ensure that you always receive fair and consistent service.
- Special orders require a minimum 50% down payment prior to placing the order.
- Special orders of flooring require a 50% non-refundable, down payment.
- Special orders may not be cancelled unless arrangements are made upon ordering and are noted on your special order form.
- Special order balance is due on delivery.
- Arrangements can be made to hold your special order once received in our warehouse, if necessary, but the balance must be paid within the normal limits of 10 days upon receiving your invoice.
- Every effort will be made to expedite your special order, but a specific date of delivery cannot be guaranteed, and delays are beyond our control and dependent on our vendors.
- Financing through Wells Fargo Home Furnishings Credit is available through 6, 9, 12 month contracts and 0% interest financing with approved credit.
- Additional offers may be available for financing over 12 months; however, sales tax on your purchase must be paid at the time of purchase and will not be included in the total amount financed.
- A $25.00 non-refundable fee will be charged to the customer for all returned checks.
- Furnishings and/or samples may be checked out for 2 days. After 7 days, the customer will be billed for items that have not been returned at a rate of $10 per sample.
- Returns of accessories are accepted within 2 weeks of purchase and credit will be provided in the same manner, the original purchase was made
- After 14 days, store credit will be issued.
- No exchanges after 30 days.
- If you return your purchase within 7 days of delivery or pick up, we will either make a complete exchange for something else or issue a refund, minus delivery charges.
- We will process your refund within 14 business days.
- We do not refund special orders or delivery charges.
- An additional delivery charge of $50 may be assessed when we return to your home to pick up a furniture return.
Prior to delivery, we remove each item from its factory packing for inspection and assembly. Once ready, your purchase is carefully wrapped and padded, loaded into our delivery truck and properly secured to minimize the risk of any damage.
- Your Swan’s Fine Home furniture purchase includes full-service delivery & set-up, free of charge for all North Platte addresses. Outside of the North Platte area, charges apply as follows:
- Delivery within 80 miles of our store is free of charge for purchases over $500.
- For delivery within 80 miles of our store, but below the minimum purchase requirement - or- for delivery outside of our 80 mile radius, a fee of $25, in addition to $1.50 per mile over the 80 miles, will be charged.
Any damages must be reported within 5 days of delivery or it will be considered in-home damage.
At the time of purchase, please confirm that we have the correct delivery address, phone numbers and any special instructions. Our delivery teams are not equipped to process credit cards, so please clear any unpaid balances with your sales associate prior to your delivery day.
On the delivery date, clear a path by removing any small items that may obstruct the carriage of your new purchase. Our delivery team will gladly move “item for item” pieces. For example, if we deliver a new mattress set, we will move the old set to your garage or another room. But please remove all linens from your old set and prepare the area.
- At Swan’s Fine Home, we offer luxury mattresses in a variety of brands and prices.
- Swan’s never resells a mattress, under any circumstances, so we are not able to offer a comfort return.
- Our experienced sales staff is here to offer you guidance and resources to determine what the best options are for you in making your bedding purchase.
- If a bedding purchase is found to fall under a manufacturer warranty claim, Swan’s is happy to provide pick-up and delivery of your mattress, but a delivery and re-packaging charge of $200 will be applied, if these costs are not covered under the warranty.
Design consultation is available by our professional, experienced staff. In-store assistance is free of charge. In-home assistance will be charged out according to the level of service provided (see below) but will be applied to your purchase or special order, over $1,000.
- In-home consultation is available for a $50 fee plus tax, which will include a design proposal with fabrics and computer layout.
- If you request an in-home interior design consultation for a full room re-design, created by our staff, a $75.00 charge, plus tax will be applied.
- If outside of the North Platte area, mileage will be charged at $1.50 per mile, one way.
- Consultation includes an initial walk through of your home and may include measurements and photographs.
- If a full room design plan is desired by the client, after the initial consultation, an agreement for design time, services and scope will be provided.
We believe in the craftsmanship of our products and we are happy to offer warranty service for the quality merchandise purchased at our store. We reserve the right to decline service dependent on the nature of the service required and/or the age of the item.
Swan’s Fine Home will repair free of charge for 12 months (or as covered under the manufacturers warranty) to the original purchaser, manufacturing defects including
- Upholstered furniture – springs, frame, seams or loss of resiliency of cushions.
- Motion furniture – mechanisms and motors
- Wood furniture – defects in materials and workmanship.
- Labor & parts not covered under the warranty will be charged to the customer.
- Fabrics and leathers may not be covered by warranties.
- Warranties cover normal use. Repairs to items damaged by the consumer will be charged accordingly.
Service calls one year after purchase or those not covered under warranty will be billed at a fee of $100 which includes:
- Up to two hours of labor.
- If repair is anticipated to take more than two hours, Swan’s will notify the customer upfront.
- Additional hours will be charged at $45 per hour.
- Parts may be covered by manufacturer.
- Swan’s Fine Home will determine if item needs to be brought into store of if it can be repaired in home.
- A one-time fee for delivery and pickup will be charged at a rate of $1.50 per mile, one way, outside of North Platte addresses.
Furniture repair requests over 5 years after purchase, or restoration due to normal wear and use, will be approved on a case by case basis. Fees will be charged as follows:
- $150 service fee (within the North Platte area), which includes one hour of labor.
- If repair takes more than one hour, Swan’s will notify the customer upfront. Additional hours will be charged at $75 per hour.
- A one-time fee for delivery and pickup will be charged at a rate of $1.50 per mile, one way outside of North Platte addresses.